Free Download Checksum Thing full version standalone offline installer for macOS. It's a menu bar application that monitors a specified directory, such as your downloads folder, and records and saves the checksum/digest values of new files that arrive.
A menu bar application monitors a specific location, such as your downloads folder, and records and saves the checksum/digest values of arriving files. A simple context-click reveals the checksum value, and a second click copies it to the clipboard.
The checksum/digest algorithm can be changed, and MD5, SHA1, and other algorithms are supported.
On compatible macOS platforms, it uses hardware-accelerated cryptographic functions. It provides audible notifications as an option to keep you informed.
Features of Checksum Thing for macOS
- Runs in the background from the macOS menu bar, hiding the dock icon
- Actively watches a selected target folder for new file content
- Calculates checksum/digest values using several selectable algorithms.
- Right-click to view the checksum value, then click again to copy it to the clipboard.
- Option to export database content and checksum values to a CSV file
- Uses hardware acceleration for cryptographic functions on supported Macs.
- Fully sandboxed macOS application with minimal permissions
- Optional audible notifications when files arrive and have been processed
- Maintains a database of checksum values for multiple target folders
- Accurate progress bar shows the current status of file scanning activities.
- Animated menu bar icon shows when background operations are in progress.
- Written purely in Swift and SwiftUI for macOS 11
- Universal binary for both Intel and Apple Silicon macOS platforms
- Uses only one third-party framework, SwiftyBeaver (open source logging tool).
- Absolutely no ads, tracking, calling home, or other privacy concerns-
Technical Details and System Requirements
- macOS 11.0 or later
- Apple Silicon or Intel Core processor